The CMC Breast Care Center aims to provide a multi-disciplinary approach to the diagnosis, treatment and follow-up of conditions affecting the breast. The center consolidates in a single setting the diagnostic modalities and the team of experts needed to effectively care for a patient with any breast problem.
The Center is manned by well-trained and experienced professionals: radiologists, surgeons, gynecologists, pathologists, oncologists and technologists.
A Screening Program is also being offered for early detection of breast cancer in women without symptoms who are 40 years old and above, or those with family history of breast cancer and other who have been previously operated on.
A Breast Cancer Support Group has been created to provide moral and spiritual support for newly diagnosed patients and those who are about to undergo surgery, or those undergoing oncologic management. The Center is involved in patient education and public awareness campaigns to combat breast cancer.
CMC Breast Care Center offers the following services:
- Digital Mammography for screening and diagnosis of breast cancer.
- Breast Ultrasound using ductal echography and tissue elastography for detection and characterization of even small (millimetric) breast lesions.
- Breast Scintigraphy for further characterization of breast nodules or masses using a nuclear technique.
- Interventional procedures for diagnosis and management of breast diseases through mammography or ultrasound-guided biopsy and needle localization of breast nodules or masses, and ultrasound-guided aspiration of breast cyst, abscess or lymph nodes.
- Excision or biopsy of breast nodules under local or general anesthesia in a Minor Operating Room located within the Center.
- Screening Program for early detection of breast cancer with discounted package for yearly mammography and breast ultrasound, including breast physical examination by Center physicians and instructions on the technique of breast self-examination.